Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad Company

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: Bad Company

Members:

Paul Rodgers
Mick Ralphs
Boz Burrell
Simon Kirke

Albums: (The album name is a link the album thread with album video)

Bad Company 1974
Strait Shooter 1975
Run With The Pack 1976
Burnin' Sky 1977
Desolation Angles 1979
Rough Diamonds 1982
Fame and Fortune 1986
Dangerous Age 1988
Holy Water 1990
Here Comes Trouble 1992
Company of Strangers 1995
Stories Told & Untold 1996

Bad Company is another one of those bands that kept it simple and strait forward. You won't find songs with elaborate lead guitar solos, drum solos, bass solos ect,... What you will find is albums full of really good songs that kick ass. They wrote songs to party to, they wrote songs to drive to, they even wrote songs to "make out" to. They basically wrote songs to live to. These guys are very high on my list because of the quality of their songs, particularly on their first few albums.

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I have a lot of memories of Bad Company. I like all their albums.

I am gonna pluck the album from my senior year in high school, Desolation Angels. This album got played at every party...and you heard Rock n Roll Fantasy on both rock and pop radio stations.....

Evil Wind (my pick off the album)

Lynch

From 1974-1979, the band could do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. They had so many great tracks ... both radio hits as well as the deeper cuts. One of my all-time favorite "Best Of" albums by any band, any genre would be 10 From 6 (1985). When I was in college, that was a staple for almost every single person I knew. There was hardly a day or night that went by that you didn't hear someone playing something off of that album or Steve Miller's Greatest Hits (which would be the other major staple in nearly everyone's musical catalog).

Of their main/original lineup era, it would be hard to pick my absolute favorite album as they are all great. Even Rough Diamonds that was the 'end of an era' for the band, still had good stuff on it.

I am also a fan of the Brian Howe era ('86-'94). I was lucky enough to catch in concert during this time frame and they did not disappoint. Granted, Howe is NOT the vocalist that Rodgers is, but almost no one else in the industry is. Paul Rodgers has one of the best voices in the history of rock.

Hard to pick just one single favorite track, but if I was forced to, it would probably be one of these two tracks:

Burnin' Sky

~and~

Ready For Love