Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dopethrone (2000)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Dopethrone
Artist: Electric Wizard
Genre: Doom Metal
Released: 2000

Tracks:
1 - Vinum Sabbathi - 3:06
2 - Funeralopolis - 8:43
3 - Weird Tales: I. Electric Frost - II. Golgotha - III. Altar of Melektaus - 15:04
4 - Barbarian - 6:29
5 - I, the Witchfinder - 11:03
6 - The Hills Have Eyes - 0:47
7 - We Hate You - 5:08
8 - Dopethrone - 20:48

Overview:
Dopethrone is the third full-length album by the doom metal band Electric Wizard. It was released in 2000 through Rise Above Records and re-released by the same label in 2004 and 2007 with an extra song.

Dopethrone, along with Come My Fanatics..., is often cited as Electric Wizard's seminal release and the highpoint of their career. Reviewers have described it as "some of the absolute slowest, heaviest doom imaginable"
and have said "it may well be the finest record to emerge from the whole British stoner-rock scene".

On this album, Electric Wizard's very slow, heavy and psychedelic sound became more abrasive and aggressive. Jus Oborn's vocals are heavily manipulated and low in the mix and the guitars are extremely fuzzy.

Dopethrone was crowned "Album of the Decade" (2000s) by Terrorizer magazine.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

Latest posts