Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishbone

DrMaddVibe

Official Website: Fishbone

Fishbone is an American band formed in 1979 in Los Angeles, California, which plays a fusion of ska, punk rock, funk, heavy rock, and soul. In the words of AllMusic: "Fishbone was one of the most distinctive and eclectic alternative rock bands of the late '80s. With their hyperactive, self-conscious diversity, goofy sense of humor, and sharp social commentary, the group gained a sizable cult following yet they were never able to earn a mainstream audience."[5]

Fishbone first assembled in 1979 with John Norwood Fisher (bass), his brother Philip "Fish" Fisher (drums), Angelo Moore (vocals, saxophones and theremin), Kendall Jones (guitar), "Dirty" Walter A. Kibby II (vocals, trumpet), and Christopher Dowd (keyboards, trombone, vocals). They achieved their greatest success in the late 1980s and early 1990s, after which they went through many personnel changes. From 2003 to 2010, John Norwood Fisher and Angelo Moore were the last remaining original members of the band. In the 2010s, all the other original members except Kendall Jones rejoined the band for various reunions and anniversary activities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishbone

Albums:

One of my all-time favorite bands. My name moniker is taken from Angelo Moore's talking word alter-ego. If you want to hear the next big Fishbone songs go see the Dr. MaddVibe and The Missing Links spoken word/music tours. You will be sonically and intellectually mind fornicated!

DrMaddVibe

(I snuck this in on the sound system when I used to work the mixing boards at the church I was attending after the service as people were leaving. People were dancing in the aisles and wanted to know who it was!)

Let that baseline rattle your spine

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno If I can follow you down this path....but I do like The Reality Of My Surroundings. (y)

joker1961

Fishbone are awesome...

(see if you can hear Donny Osmond...who is a major fan of theirs!)

Who hasn't had a little "suffer ring"???

(I snuck this in on the sound system when I used to work the mixing boards at the church I was attending after the service as people were leaving. People were dancing in the aisles and wanted to know who it was!)

Let that baseline rattle your spine
Beetlejuice-esque???