Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Metal Fozzy

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Fozzy-Back-Up-Promo-1260x800.jpg

Official Website

Members:
  • Chris Jericho – lead vocals, piano (1999–present)
  • Rich Ward – lead guitar, backing vocals (1999–present)
  • Frank Fontsere – drums, percussion (1999–2005, 2009–present)
  • Billy Grey – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2010–present)
  • Paul Di Leo – bass guitar, backing vocals (2011–2014, 2017–present)

Albums: (with links to album info & videos)

For all those wrestling fans out there, Chris Jericho does more than wrestle.....he sings and fronts the heavy metal / hard rock band Fozzy. No kidding!!!

When I first ran across the band, I wasn't expecting too much, especially since the debut album was mostly cover songs fronted by a wrestler. The debut album was a commercial flop, but it really isn't a bad album if you are into 80's metal (which I am), and the album does contain two original songs. Chris Jericho puts a lot of heart into the vocals and the band does a good job of rehashing songs from Dio, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, and Motley Crue.

B0tcxGaCIAAtArT.jpg

Over The Mountain (Ozzy Osbourne cover)

End of Days (a Fozzy original)

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The second album, Happenstance, continues with the trend for mostly covers, except this time there are five original songs. This album was an even worse commercial flop than the debut.....but Chris didn't give up. I mean.....who is going to take a wrestler for a serious musical artist?

220px-Hstance_fozzy.jpg

Happenstance (Fozzy original)

To Kill a Stranger (Live)

Balls to the Wall (Accept cover)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
With the third release, All That Remains, the band is giving up all their gimmicks an covers. It's about time they get down to some real heavy musical business!!! Do I like this album, Meh. I will give them credit for moving in the right direction.

While recording the album, Chris was fortunate enough to have Myles Kennedy as a guest backing vocalist and Mark Tremonti with a featured solo on a track.

Megadeth's Marty Friedman and Zakk Wylde also helped out with solo's on a couple tracks.

CZAEILIVAAA1-X5.jpg

Enemy

Wanderlust ft. Zakk Wylde

Born of Anger ft Marty Friedman

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The 4th release, Chasing the Grail, is a much better album, IMO. The band began testing their musical wings, so-to-speak. They even delved into the progressive rock arena, which isn't all that impressive.

268x0w.jpg

WooHoo! A ballad....Broken Soul.

God Pounds His Nails

Watch Me Shine

Mr. Gregory

I've been a wrestling fan since the mid-90s but never got into Fozzy. I do, however, have a ton of respect for Chris Jericho, particularly after reading his first two books. He's a good storyteller who has had some crazy life experiences, has a great sense of humor, and is a serious metalhead to boot. I can't help but appreciate a guy like that.

This particular song isn't bad.