Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greta Van Fleet

DrMaddVibe

I've been listening to them A LOT!!!

On their debut album they have 3 songs that sound like they were ripped from the basement vaults of Led Zeppelin. Actually the first time I heard "Flower Power" I really thought it was some lost track that I hadn't heard of that was unearthed...that's a near impossibility with my library of music.

There are other songs where I hear Janis Joplin and the Big Brother Holding Company and one that has elements of early Rush circa Fly By Night/ Caress of Steel.

The future is so bright for them and I am thankful that someone picked up the Hammer of the Gods and decided to do something with it besides synthesize it or autotune it. Good old fashioned Rock is very hard to come by. I want to see them live so bad but they're only coming to Miami or Jacksonville and I'm smack dab in the middle with a complicated busy life. oh well...I'll see them somewhere!

Members online

No members online now.