Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hair Metal Lita Ford

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: Lita Ford

Albums: (with links to album info)

Lita is my girl crush!!!! She began playing guitar at the age of 11. At age 16 she became the lead guitarist for the all girl punk band, The Runaways. When The Runaways broke up in 1979, Lita took voice lessons and changed her direction to metal. She became quite the sensation in the 1980's and wrote one of the best duets ever to be performed with Ozzy Osbourne, Close My Eyes Forever. She paved the way for women in the metal music business.......thank you, Lita!

Out For Blood

Lynch

Favorite rocker chick of all time (no offense to Pat Benatar, the Wilson sisters or anyone else). Her second album is my all-time favorite. Not one song on that album that I don't hold near and dear to my heart.

I saw Lita in concert a few times back in her hey-day. Even got the shirt off of her back, literally. She took off her shirt at a hot summer concert at Summerfest (Milwaukee, WI) back in like 1990. She took it off, whirled it over her head a few times like a lasso and then tossed it out into the audience. I happened to be in the right place at the right time. Grabbed a good handful of it and had to tussle a few other Wisconsin rednecks for the rights to that shirt. I walked away with the shirt and a great memory. I think the wife threw it away after we got married. Hrrumph!