Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic Metal Ozzy Osbourne

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

db8c9f94-ebc6-4e7d-ad66-5926e58391b1_650661_CUSTOM.jpg

Official Website: OZZY

Current Members:

Albums: (With Links to album info)

John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne[2] (born 3 December 1948) is an English singer, songwriter and actor. He rose to prominence during the 1970s as the lead vocalist of the heavy metal band Black Sabbath. He was fired from Black Sabbath in 1979 and went on to have a successful solo career, releasing 11 studio albums, the first seven of which were all awarded multi-platinum certifications in the US. Osbourne has since reunited with Black Sabbath on several occasions, recording the album 13 in 2013. His longevity and success have earned him the informal title of "Godfather of Heavy Metal".
(from Wiki)

In the early 2000s, Osbourne became a reality television star, appearing as himself in the MTV reality show The Osbournes, alongside wife and manager Sharon and two of their three children, Kelly and Jack. He was a co-star along with son Jack in the 2016/2017 worldwide television series Ozzy & Jack's World Detour. The show's second season had also continued into 2017
Filmography:

Where to start with Ozzy.........there is so much to say about him. He is my favorite solo artist and comedian, since he does make me laugh with all his goofy antics. I was a fan of the reality TV show, The Osbournes, and I watched the Ozzy & Jack World Detour (which was a really cool and nicely done series)

After being fired from Black Sabbath, Ozzy decided to go solo and was signed to Jet Records, owned by Don Arden....who is Sharon Osbournes' father. She was sent by her father to look after Ozzy's needs and to steer him in the right direction. It was her idea to form a supergroup, but Ozzy picked the members. He chose Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep), Bob Daisley (Rainbow, Uriah Heep), Don Airey (Rainbow, Deep Purple) and Randy Rhoads (Quiet Riot). They recorded and released Blizzard of Oz in 1980, credited completely to Ozzy.

Once I heard Blizzard of Oz.....Crazy Train......I was hooked. I have his first 7 albums plus Black Rain and Scream, and I like all of them.

This year is his LAST North American Tour, and I really want to go. He will be in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan this September (2018)..

Mr Crowley live

I Don't Know live

For those of you who didn't watch the Ozzy & Jack World Detour.....they visited the vault of master tapes. Here is Ozzy's reaction and comments on Randy and hearing the unmixed Crazy Train tapes...

Last edited:

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
I saw Ozzy live back in the day in Rockford,....it was after Randy died unfortunatly. It was the "Bark at the Moon" tour (March 22, 1983). Ozzy had chest pains during most of the concert and was rushed to Swedish American Hospital (the same hospital I was born in). The concert was cut short, there was the promise of a "free concert" to anyone hanging on to their ticket stub. It never happened.

Suh Dude

Still one of the best. I've seen him twice and both times he's performed extraordinarily well. He toured with Rob Zombie a few years back and that alone was a fantastic show.

Definitely do see him if you ever get the chance.

Lynch

From 1980-1991, one of the best hard rock artists out there. Not including the live albums or the abortions known as those "remasters", he had one of the best 6-run albums in rock history. Three fantastic guitarists who were all very different from each other, yet each one with their two albums will forever own a special place in my heart.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
here is the song that was released August 6, 2019. Ozzy's collab with rapper Post Malone.

Take What You Want

Riff_Raff

The albums where it's all at for me. After that it became inconsistent and then it really god mediocre to bad with Black Rain and Scream. All those albums after what I highlighted had good moments but ruined by to me either horrid production especially Scream with loudness war, lots of filler or just a ton of material that felt flat and uninspired.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I would also add Ozzmosis to that list. That was definitely his last "solid" solo effort, IMO. Ozzmosis was helped along with some great talents like Rick Wakeman on keys, Geezer on bass, Dean Castronova on drums, Steve Vai & Zakk Wylde, and some song writing from Lemmy Kilmister.

See You On The Other Side (y)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
A killer "No More Tears" cover by a female vocalist............(I love the band name, too)

Afraid of My Neighbor - No More Tears

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
First couple tracks have been released for Ozzy's upcoming album to be released in early 2020.