Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heavy Metal Queensryche

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website

Current Members:
Notable Past Members:
  • Geoff Tate
  • Chris DeGarmo

Albums:

Allmusic said:
Although they were initially grouped with the legions of pop-metal bands that dominated the American heavy metal scene of the '80s, Queensrÿche were one of the most distinctive bands of the era. Where their contemporaries built on the legacy of Van Halen, Aerosmith, and Kiss, Queensrÿche constructed a progressive form of heavy metal that drew equally from the guitar pyrotechnics of post-Van Halen metal and '70s art rock, most notably Pink Floyd and Queen. After releasing a handful of ignored albums, the band began to break into the mainstream with the acclaimed 1988 album Operation: Mindcrime. Its follow-up, Empire, was the group's biggest success, selling over two million copies due to the hit single "Silent Lucidity." Queensrÿche never sustained that widespread popularity -- like most late-'80s metal bands, their audience disappeared after the emergence of grunge. Nevertheless, they retained a large cult following well into the ensuing decades.
In 2012, Geoff Tate was fired from Queensryche. This led to a legal battle over the "Queensryche" name which was settled in 2014. Rockenfield, Wilton, Lundgren, and Jackson would retain the name "Queensryche" with La Torre as vocalist and Geoff Tate named his band "Operation: Mindcrime".

In 2013, they released a self titled album with Todd La Torre as vocalist. This album is a return to the core sound of Queensryche, even a bit heavier and darker, IMO, and shows the direction the band will go with the influence of the new vocalist.

Where Dreams Go To Die

Don't Look Back

2015 saw the release of Condition Human, anther gem from the Todd La Torre led Queensryche.

Guardian

Selfish LIves

On their website, they have a 2018 album pre-order. There has been no official release of the album title or release date.

Pat Catalano

Queensrÿche first burst onto the music scene in 1982 with the release of their self-titled 4 song EP “Queensrÿche”. They very quickly gained international recognition and performed to sold out audiences around the world. With the follow up first full length album “The Warning” in 1984, and the ground breaking 1986 release of “Rage For Order”, Queensrÿche continued to prove their worldwide dominance as one of the most respected and creative bands of the 80’s. In 1988 the band turned out yet another monumental album “Operation: Mindcrime”, which would go on to become one of the TOP 10 best selling concepts records of all time, and set the stage for continued sold out performances around the world. With the release of the critically acclaimed and commercially successful “Empire” in 1991, the band earned multiple Grammy Award nominations and won the MTV “viewers choice” award for the #1 chart topping hit “Silent Lucidity”. During the next ten years, the band continued to release albums and tour the world to sold out audiences. Queensrÿche has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and have continued to break new ground and push their creative process. The band’s name is uttered in the same breath as many of the groups they looked to as influences and others who arose as peers. Queensrÿche built a dedicated legion of fans traveling the globe on tour with fellow rock giants like Iron Maiden, Guns N’ Roses, Metallica, Judas Priest, and Def Leppard. In recent years, they’ve consistently delivered high-octane live shows combining the hungry fire of a new band with the tempered experience of master showmen. Even with eleven gold and platinum plaques and several Top 10 hard rock anthems woven into the very fiber of the genre, Queensrÿche won’t relent. In fact, they’re in the throes of a jaw-dropping creative resurgence.

Last edited:

Pat Catalano

Lynch, The album is amazing. I got to take my son to his first Queensryche show a few weeks ago here in Chicago and we got front row. What a blast. They played a bunch of songs off the new album and they sounded amazing live. I definitely recommend the new album. Here are a few pics I took at the show.
53751068_10216804507257040_5078764489256468480_o.jpg

53751040_10216808168068558_5249589683809157120_o.jpg
53916339_10216804507857055_46583610429407232_o.jpg

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
The Verdict, released March 1, 2019.

queensryche-the-verdict.jpg

2m51ahx.png

1."Blood of the Levant"Michael Wilton, Todd La Torre, Eddie Jackson3:27
2."Man the Machine"Wilton, La Torre, Jackson3:50
3."Light-years"Jackson4:08
4."Inside Out"Wilton, La Torre4:31
5."Propaganda Fashion"Jackson3:36
6."Dark Reverie"Parker Lundgren4:23
7."Bent"Jackson, La Torre, Lundgren5:58
8."Inner Unrest"Wilton, La Torre3:50
9."Launder the Conscience"Wilton, La Torre, Lundgren5:15
10."Portrait"Jackson, La Torre5:16

Riff_Raff

Listening to The Warning now and it remains my favourite album. They forged a good Progressive sound on albums like Operation Mindcrime but early on they had the clear NWOBHM influences in there.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I like LaTorre. I like Tate, too. Equally! I love Queensryche, and having LaTorre in place of Tate made the transition fairly painless, IMO.

Sweet Oblivion - S/T (2019)

Sweet Oblivion - Relentless (2021)

tate’s voice is still very strong! This is a great album, BTW. I hope Sweet Oblivion continues. There is some great chemistry with this Italian group. I wasn’t so thrilled with Tate’s Operation Mindcrime group.

LaTorre - Rejoice in the Suffering (2021) playlist

Crossroads to Insanity

Apology

this is also a very good album….I’d give it a 9/10

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@triptych

queensryche is on of those bands that has a terrific discography. It’s very hard for me to choose an absolute favorite. However, my favorite song is “Silent Lucidity”. So, I’m giving Empire the :tup: today.