Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic Metal Ronnie James Dio

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper

Official Website

Where do you start with someone like this. The God Father of the Metal Voice and the Devil Horns. I decided just to go with a video history of Dio just because it's easier thqn trying to do it in words.

Ronnie Dion and the Prophets, Early 1960 Something. Dio on vocals. (It ain't metal but it's history.)

Elf

Rainbow-

Black Sabbath

Dion- I just got a chill run through me went he went metal in this song.

Heaven and Hell

Ronnie James Dio's final performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Ronnie James Dio ..... you are in my thoughts. You are greatly missed.

Dio has now been gone 8 years......5-16-10.

Playing this in his honor....

DrMaddVibe

When it comes to Rock singers...He's a Top 5 each and every day. Got to see him several times with Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell and solo. Great performances every time! He is missed.

Probably my favorite track of his.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Don't laugh at me @DrMaddVibe, but when I was in my 20's, I loved Rainbow in the Dark (still do) and had no clue whatsoever who sang it. I didn't learn who Dio was until I was in my 40's. It got played quite a bit on the FM radio back in the early 80's, but I never really paid much attention when the stations announced "who" the songs were from.

BTW, May 2018 is the 35th birthday of Holy Diver.