Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Classic The Doors

Chyna WIcked

Official Website

Members:

Albums: (The album title is a link to the album thread)

I think The Doors was the hottest band from the 1960's---Their songs are out of this world, and Jim Morrison had such an awesome voice....The members of this band were very talented....They always had a hit after hit...such as: "Light My Fire", "The End", "Break on Through", People are Strange", etc...I could go on forever...Everyone should give them a try....8-]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
I have to agree with you on all counts. I remember watching the performance that got him banned from the Ed Sullivan Show. Ed didn’t like the line “get much higher” and and wanted them to change higher to finer. Morrison didn’t.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
Nice write up! I've linked the album titles listed to their album threads. Clicking on the album name will take you to the album thread.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
On this day, July 3, 1971.......Jim Morrison was discovered deceased in his bathtub.

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
What most people won't pick up on, is the album playing in the background in the beginning of the interview.

It's "My Griffin is Gone" by Hoyt Axton, I recognized Snowblind Friend.

Good interview by the way, and probably the last one he ever did.

DrMaddVibe

I have a recording that I got from Napster...it says in the interview that they were in Paris...it's raining in the background.

I liked hearing the "good" Jim. The Jim that the band remembers. Not the version that Oliver Stone decided to share with his movie about them.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Other Voices celebrates its 50th birthday October 2021.

R-870281-1521883388-2214.jpeg.jpg

Wikipedia
Other Voices is the seventh studio album by the Doors, released by Elektra Records in October 1971. It was the first posthumous album released by the band following the death of the lead singer Jim Morrison in July 1971 with keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist Robby Krieger sharing lead vocals. Tracks for the album had begun before Morrison's death and the band hoped that Morrison would return from Paris to finish them.
Ships With Sails

Tightrope Ride