Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gothic Tristania

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: http://www.tristania.com/2010/index.php/home/

Current Members:
  • Anders Høyvik Hidle - unclean vocals
  • Einar Moen
  • Mariangela Demurtas - clean vocals
  • Gyri Smørdal Losnegaard
  • Ole Vistnes
  • Tarald Lie Jr.
  • Kjetil Nordhus - vocals

Albums: (with links to album info)
From Wiki
Tristania is a band from Norway, formed in 1995 by Morten Veland, Einar Moen and Kenneth Ølsson. Tristania's music is usually classified as Gothic metal with death influences, due to its strong tie and legacy within the gothic metal history. Their songs largely deal with dark and sentimental topics, including depression, sadness, suicide, love, absence, and anger.
What got me listening to this band was the "Beauty and Beast" style vocals......growling, unclean male vocalist and an operatic, clean female vocalist with another clean male vocalist on some songs. The music is melodic and symphonic. I love this stuff. The first female vocalist, Vibeke Stene, began with the band when she was 18 and continued with them for more than a decade only to quit in 2007 to focus on family. She was replaced with Mariangela Demurtas of Italy.

Vibeke on the left, Mariangela on the right.

I don't really have a favorite album, they all are good.

Widow's Weeds

Angellore (contains all three vocal styles)

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

I only have one of their albums, Rubicon. It was up and down for me, but I haven't listened to it for a while, so another listen may change my mind. Either way, this song is very good.

Mr. Gregory

So, I listened to World of Glass about three or four times. It's not bad at all. The last three tracks (World of Glass, Crushed Dreams, and The Modern End) are my favorites.