Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Mr. Gregory

While I was listening to Evanescence's remastered Fallen album the other day, I stumbled across this charming video of David Draiman stopping to comfort a young girl at a Disturbed concert who got scared. :giggle:

Naturally, I then had to start listening to some Disturbed. I bought a few of their albums when I was first getting into metal, and I liked them in small doses, but I just never fully got into them like that for whatever reason. I don't know why.

I listened to Ten Thousand Fists the other day, which was the first of their albums that I tried listening to back in the day, and man, I can't stop. Between these guys and Evanescence, I feel like I'm back in high school/just starting college again. Obviously I remember some of these songs, the ones that were more popular, but others are brand new to me. I like pretty much everything I've heard so far. (y)

Just Stop

Deify

Mr. Gregory

I'm not a big metalcore guy, but I've always liked Affiance. Their Blackout album, which came out back in 2014, is my favorite of theirs. I listened to it again tonight for the first time in a long time. I had forgotten how good it is. These guys are so talented. There are no weak links. The vocalist, Dennis Tvrdik, has incredible range.

Mr. Gregory

In This Moment's Beautiful Tragedy album has spent a decent amount of time in my rotation lately. It's just one of those albums, like Leaves' Eyes' Sign of the Dragonhead, that I tend to listen to all the way through whenever I put it on.

Sure, Maria may have improved as a vocalist over time, the band may have gotten better at playing their instruments, and I've liked other albums they've made since then, but man, I can just feel the heart and passion that went into that album, and I love it for that. It'll probably always be my #1 favorite of theirs.

Daddy's Falling Angel

He Said Eternity