Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Mr. Gregory

I stumbled across this group on YouTube yesterday. I clicked on the thumbnail thinking it would be some sort of folk metal like Eluveitie. I was half right. It's folk music. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or not, but I'm going for it. LOL.

I found the part in the middle where the guys start "rapping" in English a little jarring, but I really dig the aesthetic here (particularly that of the woman, whose vocals I also like). I'm not a concert guy at all, but I could see myself going to and enjoying a show like this.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I stumbled across this group on YouTube yesterday. I clicked on the thumbnail thinking it would be some sort of folk metal like Eluveitie. I was half right. It's folk music. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or not, but I'm going for it. LOL.

I found the part in the middle where the guys start "rapping" in English a little jarring, but I really dig the aesthetic here (particularly that of the woman, whose vocals I also like). I'm not a concert guy at all, but I could see myself going to and enjoying a show like this.

That is really cool. Indian costumes...is my guess. Proves that sticks and bones were the first instruments. :p

Mr. Gregory

That is really cool. Indian costumes...is my guess. Proves that sticks and bones were the first instruments. :p
Here's an interesting Revolver article that provides a little background on them.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/h...-amplified-history-human-bones-throat-singing

I bought Lifa the other day. I haven't gotten all the way through it, but I really like it so far. It's definitely different. You've gotta listen to this stuff with some good speakers or headphones. There's much more going on than I realized at first.

Yep, I think this would be a fun show to go to.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an interesting Revolver article that provides a little background on them.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/h...-amplified-history-human-bones-throat-singing

I bought Lifa the other day. I haven't gotten all the way through it, but I really like it so far. It's definitely different. You've gotta listen to this stuff with some good speakers or headphones. There's much more going on than I realized at first.

Yep, I think this would be a fun show to go to.
I would go see them just for the experience. I don't have a good sound system, sad, I know. i know I miss a lot of "sounds" with the lossy MP3's and crappy system.

Mr. Gregory

I would go see them just for the experience.
Yep. Me too.

I don't have a good sound system, sad, I know. i know I miss a lot of "sounds" with the lossy MP3's and crappy system.
Oh, I listen to mp3s all day long and don't have a fancy sound system either. I have a Bose radio but never get to use it since I live in a quiet apartment complex. I mostly use my $40 Audiophile in-ear headphones these days. Nothing spectacular, but definitely better than the little cheapie earbuds I used to get.

Mr. Gregory

Normally not my cup of tea, but this performance is just amazing!

"Nemesis" Arch Enemy (2005, live 2016)

It took me a little while to get into Arch Enemy, but they're a really, really good band. Solid melodic death metal with a female growling vocalist and occasional hints of prog interspersed throughout. Just another good band on a long list of bands I need to create threads for.

But first, I've gotta listen to Ihsahn's new album, Ámr, which just came out today. I put it on for the drive to and from work today, and so far, so very, very good. :)

Mr. Gregory

I'm not a big fan of metalcore, but this song grew on me after a few listens. The lead vocalist, Lauren Hart, did guest vocals on Kamelot's song "Phantom Divine" that I posted earlier in this thread.

They sound similar to Jinjer, another metalcore band that I actually like a lot.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Just stumbled on this album...thanks to YT recommendations. This is my 3rd listen and they remind me of Queensryche meets Judas Priest. Very Cool album cover, too.

cover_1513595025123746.jpg

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I've been meaning to post some stuff from Chelsea Wolfe for a while now. I finally sat down and listened to her newest album, Hiss Spun, in its entirety tonight. It's very, very good.

New one for me. I haven't listened to any gothic doom in quite a while.....and I do like the videos you posted. I will definitely check out more of her music.