Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symphonic Xandria

Mr. Gregory

xandria23.jpeg

Official Website

Current members:
  • Ambre Vourvahis (vocals)
  • Marco Heubaum (rhythm guitar)
  • Rob Klawonn (lead guitar)
  • Tim Schwarz (bass)
  • Dimitros Gatsios (drums)
Notable former members:
  • Dianne van Giersbergen (vocals)
  • Manuela Kraller (vocals)
  • Lisa Middelhauve (vocals)
  • Philip Restemeier (lead guitar)
  • Steven Wussow (bass)
  • Gerit Lamm (drums)
Albums:
Xandria is a German symphonic metal band. They're my favorite in this subgenre and are easily one of my favorite bands overall. Like most symphonic metal bands, they've had a revolving door of vocalists. Lisa Middelhauve (Kill the Sun -> Salomé), Manuela Kraller (Neverworld's End), and the lovely Dianne van Giersbergen (Sacrificium, Fire & Ashes [2015 EP], and Theater of Dimensions) have all come and gone.

After Dianne, my favorite of their previous vocalists, left back in 2017, they toured with Aeva Maurelle for a little while, and their future was somewhat in limbo until Ambre Vourvahis joined the pretty much all-new lineup last year. My boy Marco Heobaum, the architect of the band, is the only original member left.

Their earlier stuff has a bit of a gothic vibe to it, and with Neverworld's End, they started to shift towards a more aggressive power metal sound that I absolutely love. Sacrificium is my current favorite album of theirs and is an absolute masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. The disappointment that I felt after learning that Manuela left the band quickly went away once I heard Dianne's voice on the opening track. Everything just blended together so perfectly on that album. I need to spend some more time listening to Theater of Dimensions, but it's very good as well.

I can't wait to hear their new album, The Wonders Still Awaiting. Ambre is so adorable, and from the little that I have heard of her so far, she has a lovely voice. :giggle:

Ravenheart (title track from that album)

Valentine (from Neverworld's End)

The Lost Elysion (from Neverworld's End)

Stardust (from Sacrificium)

Betrayer (from Sacrificium)

Don't Say A Word (Sonata Arctica cover, from the Fire & Ashes EP)

Call of Destiny (from Theater of Dimensions)

Reborn (from The Wonders Still Awaiting)

Last edited: