Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something New (Metal Version)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Every now and again we run across something new and interesting. Post up that new stuff here....................

Reminder: This is for new metal.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I ran across this 2018 album, Grayceon-IV. What is so interesting about this album is the use of a Cello as a lead instrument. The band is a 3 piece, and they make the Cello work out so well, I had to listen to the album a couple times. I have no idea how to classify this album....a bit progressive metal, a bit heavy metal, and easy going rock vocals. Very unique listening experience.

full album

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Came across this band from Italy, Forged in Blood. They just released their debut album May 25, 2018, Forged In Blood. If you are into good old fashion double thumping heavy metal, then give this album a listen.

Mr. Gregory

@Mr. Gregory I think you will like this one! :) Actually I think even @DrMaddVibe might enjoy this one, too.

Encyclopedia Metallum lists the band as black metal, but this album is sooooooooooo good! There is one flaw to the album, it comes to and end......lol.

View attachment 273

Yeah, they're a decent English black metal band. I have a few of their albums. I didn't know they were coming out with a new one. I'll have to give it a listen.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, they're a decent English black metal band. I have a few of their albums. I didn't know they were coming out with a new one. I'll have to give it a listen.

You Must! It is really really good. Very chill and laid back (a lot of acoustic). I am going to make a thread for this band......hopefully tomorrow.

Hammy

Can anyone post new albums or just Magic? Not that the lady of the house has bad taste in music, I just don't want to ruin her thread with some of the shit I listen to.

Mr. Gregory

Can anyone post new albums or just Magic? Not that the lady of the house has bad taste in music, I just don't want to ruin her thread with some of the shit I listen to.
Not to speak for her, and I'm not the boss, but she did tell us to post new stuff in the OP, so I say have at it. I don't go out of my way to find and keep up with new music like that, which is why I haven't posted anything yet.

I thought this thread was specifically for new bands, not just new albums. If the latter is the case, that opens it up a little bit. I've already mentioned most of the new metal albums that have piqued my interest so far this year in other threads, but if anything else catches my ear, I'll be sure to post it here.

DrMaddVibe

Crobot

Crobot is an American Rock band from Pottsville, Pennsylvania composed of Brandon Yeagley and Chris Bishop. They were signed to Wind-up Records in 2013.

In the Summer of 2011, Brandon Yeagley and Chris Bishop created Crobot, joined later by brothers Paul and Jake Figueroa, who previously performed similar styles of music in another band.[1] In 2012 the band’s original lineup self-released their debut EP, The Legend of the Spaceborne Killer, along with a music video for the eponymous first single. Later that year, the rhythm section of the band was revamped with the addition of the Figueroa brothers on bass and drums. The Figueroa brothers departed from the band early 2017 and were replaced by Dan Ryan on drums and James Alexander Lascu on bass in June 2017.

Crobot describes their music as “Dirty. Groove. Rock.”, and has been compared to hard rock bands like Wolfmother, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden.[16][17] Frontman Brandon Yeagley has been praised for his power packed vocals and dynamic stage presence, guiding the band’s “undeniably magnetizing live shows.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crobot

Not For Sale

Play It Cool

The Wiki description of themselves is pretty spot on...I toss in a dash of James Gang with a teaspoon of Audioslave (see what I did there?)...anyways, this is a band that I've been enjoying for awhile. It's not right to keep them to myself. What's the old adage? If you love something set it free...???

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Good Question....lol

Yes, anyone can post. You cant ruin the thread with music......that is what this site is all about!!!!!

How new are we talking...? As of this year?
I prefer new bands or albums from the current year. However, I wont complain about anything you feel is new.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I rather liked this. So much that I'm downloading their discography. Kinda wish they'd metal up the songs but a change of pace is nice.

Don't judge them from their 2018 album. You will get plenty of aural violence once you listen to the whole discography.....lol

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
This one is not only a new album but a new heavy metal band from the UK. Their debut album released May 18, 2018.

Toledo Steel - No Quarter

Mr. Gregory

Immortal, a long-running Norwegian black metal band, just released Northern Chaos Gods yesterday, their first new album since 2009's All Shall Fall, which was very good.

61sOKNQwVSL._SY355_.jpg

I've listened to it two or three times already, and I really like it. Demonaz did the vocals on this one - Abbath left the band to do his own thing.

Videos for both singles are here:

Northern Chaos Gods
Mighty Ravendark

Latest posts