Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tesla

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: Tesla

Current Members:
  • Brian Wheat
  • Frank Hannon
  • Jeff Keith
  • Troy Luccketta
  • Dave Rude

One of my favorite bands of the 80's and 90's. The band started out as City Kidd with a glam derived sound but in 1986 they changed their name and sound. They disbanded in 1996 and have since reformed in 2000 and put out 3 albums, with another album due out this fall (2018).

Studio Albums:
  • Mechanical Resonance (1986)
  • The Great Radio Controversy (1989)
  • Psychotic Supper (1991)
  • Bust A Nut (1994)
  • Into The Now (2004)
  • Forever More (2008)
  • Simplicity (2014)
  • Shock (2018)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite album Psychotic Supper

Change in the Weather

Toke About It

Lynch

Absolutely one of my all-time favorite bands. There's not one bad song or bad note on their first 3 studio albums and their live set on 5 Man Acoustic Jam is top notch (I also consider that to be the true-blue start of the 'unplugged era', even though MTV will say it was Bon Jovi).

Lynch

I like this band a lot, I only have one CD of theirs, "The Great Radio Controversy", but I do plan to get a few more.
If you like that, you owe it to yourself to get Mechanical Resonance (1986) and Psychotic Supper (1991). Both albums are fantastic from start to finish.

I first heard Mechanical when I was in high school and I was instantly a fan. A couple of years later, I saw them open up for Def Leppard on their Hysteria tour and they were not only a great studio band but also a great live band. I also saw them on the Great Radio tour with Great White opening up. Again, they were top notch through the entire show. They unfairly get lumped into a 'hair metal' category and they are no more hair metal than Guns n Roses is. Straight up, in your face rock. Both their rockin' tunes as well as their ballads they always gave it their all, in studio and on stage.

Trust me, if you like The Great Radio Controversy, you'll like the albums that came before it and after it.

Such a good band. Was a really big fan. Glad to see they will be releasing an album this year! I still play Modern Day Cowboy often and have alot of Tesla on my playlists.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts